So I am a little behind, but who can blame me with 3 crazy kids and the holidays all around me:)
Thanksgiving this year was a lot of fun. We spent it with Grandma and Grandpa (my mom and dad) Hare, my brother Tyson and his wife BryAnne and their little girl Maddi, and my little brother Colton. It was a small year, but so good none-the-less. We had great food and did something a little different this year. We decided to spend a little bit of the day at each persons house. We did breakfast and the football game at Tyson and BryAnne's house -- BryAnne made a killer cinnamon roll pancake (I'm still smiling inside thinking about how good they tasted). Then we went to my mom and dad's house for the main meal. We then came to our house for pie and games later that night.
 |
| From Left: Tyson, Colton, Dad and Richard. I though that is was very funny that it was all the men in this picture eating the meal -- you would think that the women were all in the kitchen cooking:) Actually in my family the guys do quite a bit to help around the kitchen and some of them make some great stuff for us to enjoy as well. |
 |
| My beautiful family enjoying the Thanksgiving meal |
 |
| I contributed the deviled eggs this year since my wonderful sister Megan couldn't be there (she makes an amazing deviled egg). As you can see there are some empty ones -- this is a special request from my picky eaters who don't like the deviled part :) |
 |
| I also made the rolls, crescent ones as you can see. I don't do bread much so these were an interesting process. They turned out though and weren't to bad. |
 |
| This was my absolutely favorite part of the food. I asked Makayla what she would like to have at the Thanksgiving Feast and all she said was rainbow jell-o. Where she got the idea I have no idea, but it started a quest. A quest to find out how to make rainbow jell-o. I found some recipes and said to myself "this doesn't look to hard". I'm smiling to myself right now because I would soon find out how false this statement really was. It WAS hard, or rather time consuming. I started to make the jello only to find out that you could not get distracted as you could not let the layers set up longer than 15 min or the next layer wouldn't stick to it. Well, not getting distracted with 3 kids is impossible, so I had to scrap the first 2 layers and start again after they had gone to bed. I started about 9:00pm and didn't finish until 2:00am. It was so worth it though to see how excited Makayla was with it; not to mention how good it was, as in amazingly good. |
 |
| I found the inspiration for this platter on pinterest. They had used red, yellow, and green peppers for the feathers, but I though the red and yellow tomatoes, and celery would get a better reception from my family. It turned out so cute and since I was up until 2:00am making jello and had about 15 min in between each layer it really didn't add any extra stress to my life :) |
 |
| We made these fun little placecards with the girls as a Thanksgiving craft while we were waiting for dinner. They turned out so cute, but BryAnne and I ended up making most of them, since little girls attention spans are only so long. |
No comments:
Post a Comment