Well, we finally finished up what we had planned to do in the living and dining room. I LOVE it!!! We still have flooring to put in (when we can afford it), and a few other touch ups, but it is DONE for now :)
 |
| My beautiful accent wall -- My favorite piece in the whole room. This wall gave me fits. I think I painted it about 4 times. I finally tried something that I would never usually try and woolied a really dark espresso brown over the top of the base color -- of course I think it turned out perfect. The vinyl accent I found on ebay and loved it, so my husband suprised me with it for my birthday!! |
 |
| Close up on the vinyl accent. There is a computer desk that Richard build and did the countertop for on the right now. |
 |
| Looking at the dining room and entry way from the Living Room |
 |
| When we first painted the walls, the flu hit me halfway through. My wonderful husband finished up the base color and did all the cutting in (I love him so much!!). When I finally got well enough to get out of bed and went to look at the room, I almost cried. The color was terrible -- it was ORANGE :( Richard kept telling me that it would look better as it dried and when we got the plastic off the windows (it really was making it dark in that room). I just couldn't live with orange walls so I took an almost white color and Woolied over the whole wall. The finished product was perfect for me -- again I LOVED it. |
 |
This is one of my favorite changes. We added a small wall in front of the hallway so that you couldn't see straight into the bathroom from the front door. It will be such a fun place to decorate. My mom gave me a small curio cabinet that fit perfect and I just love the angles in the room now.
|
It feels so nice to walk into my house now and know that these two rooms have our touch to them now :) My family went in on blinds for the windows for my birthday and it is so cozy to just sit and enjoy time with my family in my new living and dining room.
No comments:
Post a Comment